Re: dictionary downloader suggstion

From: Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Aug 03 2002 - 02:36:49 EDT

     --- Gabriel Gerhardsson <mr.g@home.se> wrote: > Hi

    > On Fri, 2002-08-02 at 15:58, Christian Biesinger
    > wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > suggestion for dict. downloader:
    > > Do not display a seperate dialog for each of the
    > languages in the
    > > document. Especially annoying on World.abw :)
    > instead, display a single
    > > dialog listing all of the languages in the
    > document.
    > > The problem with this might be that a user might
    > want to download a
    > > dictionary only for some of the languages...
    >
    > How useful is this, really?
    > How often do you run into a new language, for which
    > you need a new
    > dictionary?
    > I can clearly see the benefit of such a feature, but
    > isn't it a bit
    > overkill?
    > I'm just trying to be conservative on the usage of
    > development-time.

    It would be extremely useful when doing any testing
    of our multilingual test document:
    http://www.abisource.com/lxr/source/abi/test/wp/World.abw?raw=1

    Also probably for European users who use more than one
    non-English languge that are not included in their
    installer. Although this is probably not very
    annoying for them.

    Andrew.

    =====
    http://linguaphile.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/translator.pl http://www.abisource.com