Re: AWN thoughts, questions, suggestions.

From: Eric Zen (ericzen@ez-net.com)
Date: Wed Aug 14 2002 - 17:02:27 EDT

    Personally, I didn't find the irc to appealing, but some interesting discussions do occur there that never even get an allusion to in the threads.

    Your reply, however, did remind me about one other thing I wanted to bring up in the original but didn't remember soon enough: Your POW thoughts.

    You've mentioned a couple of things you'd like to see as POW and I've mentioned rpelacing POW and uPOW with just POW with varying level of difficulty. Something like a one to ten, with one being "You don't even have to know what an IDE is," and ten being "Intimate knowledge of all source code and cvs diffs will be necessary," leaving the proposal's difficulty level to the person who suggests it. 1-3 Novice, 4-6 Intermediate, 7-9 Difficult, 10 Unholy.

    I was hoping to get more feedback in general on AWN, since I was sure everyone had one thought or another (even though most of it seems humour related).

    Side note: Abimoz explains the OEOne wordprocessor; I was wondering... I wish OEOne would just make it a desktop/WM-esk like utility (easier for installink, dah)

    What I really want to hear is what other ideas people have been considering (other than mentioning nuking irac is tasteless).

    It would be nice if ideas invovling extra scripting or extensive writing were brought up before the weekend....POW's too