Re: spelling check for "user language"?

From: Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Aug 17 2002 - 00:31:38 EDT

     --- Dom Lachowicz <doml@appligent.com> wrote: > Could
    also be the hash-encoding file. You'll need
    > have:
    >
    > 128 string length
    > 8 bit encoding
    > the string "UTF-8" (or "utf-8") inside of the
    > yiddish hash encoding file

    I was just about to say this myself.

    Something I have been wondering about though, is the
    possibility of having either one "User" language
    where the user can set it up to point to a dictionary
    (with encoding file) she's found somewhere, or even to
    have a "Other" option in the language dialog where the
    user can enter missing ISO 639 tags, or custom tags
    along the lines of "x-klingon" which is the way that
    language tags are supposed to be extended.

    I say this because over the past several months a few
    people mentioned this or that language that they've
    either found a hash file for or want to build one for.
    This would be very cool for those people.

    I know there will still be problems when hash files
    are built with the wrong flags, etc for AbiWord.

    Andrew Dunbar.

    =====
    http://linguaphile.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/translator.pl http://www.abisource.com