Re: print preview screenshot

From: Joaquín Cuenca Abela (cuenca@pacaterie.u-psud.fr)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 13:40:25 EDT

    On Mon, 2002-08-26 at 19:31, Alan Horkan wrote:

    > On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Martin Sevior wrote:
    >
    > > Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 03:08:53 +1000 (EST)
    > > From: Martin Sevior <msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au>
    > > To: Alan Horkan <horkana@tcd.ie>
    > > Subject: Re: print preview screenshot
    >
    > > > http://pino.frontisterion.nl/uwog/secret.jpg
    > > >

    > > Hi Marc,
    > > This is really nice work and will be a significant new feature for
    > > us. However I was wondering if you could go one better and display the
    > > font name in the font itself within the drop down box.
    > >
    > > ie So the font "Comic Sans MS" is displayed in Comic Sans MS font.
    > >
    > > This is what MS Word 2000/97 does.

    Excellent suggestion IMHO.

    > but then Dingbats and symbol fonts are totally unrecognisable !

    These fonts will require a bit more of care, yes.
    The fonts that don't have the glyphs need to render their name, should
    be rendered with another font (the sans serif default) and render a few
    of their glyphs next to its name.

    It's still better than Marc's work (which is much better than our
    previous behaviour), because with the Word 2000 you don't have to go
    until the font name to see how it looks. You can see how all fonts
    looks immediately.

    Cheers,

    --
    Joaquín Cuenca Abela