Re: print preview screenshot

From: Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 23:06:01 EDT

     --- Joaquín Cuenca Abela <cuenca@pacaterie.u-psud.fr>
    wrote: > On Mon, 2002-08-26 at 19:47, Alan Horkan
    wrote:

    > http://pino.frontisterion.nl/uwog/secret.jpg

    > significant new feature for
    > one better and display the
    > down box.

    > in Comic Sans MS font.

    > > > Excellent suggestion IMHO.

    > unrecognisable !
    > > >
    > > > These fonts will require a bit more of care,
    > yes.
    > >
    > > Is there any way to automatically identify a
    > > symbol fonts?
    >
    > Not a symbol, but you can know if it has the need
    > glyphs or not. If that becomes a problem I can
    > implement it pretty quickly, don't worry :)

    This won't work. The reason Symbol fonts are such a
    pain is that they lie about what glyphs they have.
    They tell you they have the letters A, B, C, etc but
    those glyphs are actually symbols.
    Good new symbol fonts may retain this encoding and
    have the unicode encoding too, I think this is
    possible
    but i'm not sure that it is, or if they are made this
    way even if it is possible.

    > > If not then this sounds like it would need a lot
    > > more care and we could get tripped up everytime
    > > someone adds a new symbol font we dont currently
    > > know about.

    This does indeed happen now with "exotic" fonts.
    Other programs don't seem to care but it would be nice
    if we could handle them better.

    Andrew.

    =====
    http://linguaphile.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/translator.pl http://www.abisource.com