Re: AbiWord Font Usability question

From: Dom Lachowicz (doml@appligent.com)
Date: Wed Aug 28 2002 - 11:31:55 EDT

    > I am just a little annoyed that Seth did not go into a bit more depth
    > and
    > as an expert could not be more authorative, he just gave another
    > opinion
    > to help weight the merits of the various decisions. I was hoping for
    > more
    > information on how and why he advocated his approach. Maybe he will
    > follow up in more detail, if he can use his reputation and give an
    > authorative answer i urge him to do so.

    FWIW, Seth and I had a long (1.5 hour) discussion on IRC about this. We
    pointed out features and misfeatures in each approach, played devil's
    advocate quite a bit, brainstormed for new ways to implement this, came
    up with several use cases, etc... The above statement is unfair to
    Seth. Sorry that I didn't save the IRC log, but my HD is flakey and my
    OSX box crashed just after the discussion.

    > /me not being particularly diplomatic today

    No you're not.

    Cheers,
    Dom