Re: localization of plugins?

From: F J Franklin (F.J.Franklin@sheffield.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Dec 27 2002 - 17:41:39 EST

    On Fri, 27 Dec 2002, Kenneth J. Davis wrote:
    > Does anyone (especially those familiar with our current localization work)
    > have any ideas or suggestions how to implement localization of plugins?

    I have been intending for some time now to implement an xml companion file
    for plugins. This file would contain system-level preferences for the
    plugin, a description of the plugin, the plugin's dependencies (e.g.
    other plugins and abiword version), command-line options and help for
    same, and so on. Strings localization would fit in nicely with these.

    I haven't decided on a format for the file yet. Location on UNIX should be
    parallel with the plugin itself, on MacOSX it will be part of the plugin
    bundle...

    All ideas welcome...

    Ciao, Frank

    Francis James Franklin
    F.J.Franklin@shef.ac.uk

      `Medium atomic weights are available: Gold, Lead, Copper, Jet, Diamond,
    Radium, Sapphire, Silver and Steel.
      `Sapphire and Steel have been assigned...'