Re: A new draw on XP refactoring

Subject: Re: A new draw on XP refactoring
From: F J Franklin (F.J.Franklin@sheffield.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 08:14:59 CST

> I think this is a great idea. I really need presentation graphics
> and we have already done a lot of the work with abiword to create stuff.
>
> Using SVG for animations is a great solution.

Martin, I'm guessing you read the IRC conversation? My proposal here was
just for AbiDraw as a sketch program, not a presentation tool. But we were
talking yesterday about developing this eventually into a presentation
tool (i.e., "AbiShow").

No point running before we can walk, though. Let's get AbiDraw & static
SVG support before we work on animation. Besides, animation will probably
require (some) support for JavaScript.

> At a minimum though you need to implement floating frames.

You know best here, but probably best to save such text as XHTML.

Regards, Frank

Francis James Franklin
F.J.Franklin@shef.ac.uk

It's getting them wrong that is living, getting them wrong and wrong and
wrong and then, on careful reconsideration, getting them wrong again.
That's how we know we're alive: we're wrong.
                                                         --- Philip Roth