Re: A new draw on XP refactoring

Subject: Re: A new draw on XP refactoring
From: Adrian Phillips (adrianp@powertech.no)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 09:02:16 CST

>> I think this is a great idea. I really need presentation
>> graphics and we have already done a lot of the work with
>> abiword to create stuff.
>>
>> Using SVG for animations is a great solution.

Frank> Martin, I'm guessing you read the IRC conversation? My
Frank> proposal here was just for AbiDraw as a sketch program, not
Frank> a presentation tool. But we were talking yesterday about
Frank> developing this eventually into a presentation tool (i.e.,
Frank> "AbiShow").

Frank> No point running before we can walk, though. Let's get
Frank> AbiDraw & static SVG support before we work on
Frank> animation. Besides, animation will probably require (some)
Frank> support for JavaScript.

>> At a minimum though you need to implement floating frames.

Frank> You know best here, but probably best to save such text as
Frank> XHTML.

Um, is this reinventing the wheel ? dia already is a extremely useful
Vector graphics drawing program and the gimp handles a lot of non
vector graphics as far as I understand it.

Obviously, if people want to spend their time on this then I'm not
complaining, just curious,

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

--