Re: from AbiWord to AbiSuite [was Re: A new draw on XP refactoring

Subject: Re: from AbiWord to AbiSuite [was Re: A new draw on XP refactoring
From: F J Franklin (F.J.Franklin@sheffield.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 13:32:51 CST

> What worries me is that the current development team is rather
> small, there is only a handful of people who contribute code on
> regular basis. I would hate for our resources to be to much further
> reduced by starting work on another member of the suite before the
> 1.1 code base is well on the way.

I understand your concern. I suggested AbiDraw because I will be working
on SVG rendering for AbiWord and having AbiDraw will be a huge help. Also,
from AbiDraw to AbiEquationEditor (what's in a name?) is a relatively
small step...

Vector images & equations are two of the three features I most want to see
in AbiWord. I can't quite recall the third at the moment, but I'm sure it
was something important.

Ciao, Frank

Francis James Franklin
F.J.Franklin@shef.ac.uk

It's getting them wrong that is living, getting them wrong and wrong and
wrong and then, on careful reconsideration, getting them wrong again.
That's how we know we're alive: we're wrong.
                                                         --- Philip Roth