Re: trivial patch for bz2abw plugin

Subject: Re: trivial patch for bz2abw plugin
From: Alan Horkan (horkana@tcd.ie)
Date: Sat Feb 02 2002 - 17:31:48 CST

> This patch merely switches the order the extensions are listed in the export object.
> This makes the import and export list them in the same order, and defaults to the
> single extension (.bzabw instead of .abw.bz2) for saving which I think works better with

sorry to nitpick but maybe a three letter extension might be better? (i
dunno, maybe .bza). Its probably not inherently any better but i still
try and keep to 8.3 filenames out of habit.
(I assume the more descriptive option to name files .abw.bz2 is still also
available)

> Could someone tell me how to get the installer for plugins (like the ImageMagick plugin
> that used to be at http://www.niksbiks.dk/Abi has) or at least direct me to
> where the explaination is. I think I have all the plugins available on Windows
> compiled, but I would like to make them available with the installer instead of
> (maybe along with) just as DLLs.

Abiword installer on Windows is the Nullsoft installer
http://www.nullsoft.com/free/nsis/
(NSIS = Nullsoft Scriptable Installer System)
if you have a copy of abiword CVS search for files with the extension .nsi

they are somewhere like ~=
wp/pkg/ win/setup/Abiword.nsi

there is a .nsi for the actual Abiword installer and im fairly sure there
are several other ones for each plugins which are more or less the same as
each other except for the plugin name.

hope that helps
sincerely
Alan