Re: A new draw on XP refactoring

Subject: Re: A new draw on XP refactoring
From: Alan (horkana@tcd.ie)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 10:29:31 CST

Hubert Figuiere wrote:

> According to Alan Horkan <horkana@tcd.ie>:
>
> > Dia is nifty, and cross platform although not as deliberately multiplatform
> > and integrated as Abiword. I was messing about with it just doing
> > drawings but it seems aimed towards more serious diagrams than
> > Art so as long as you plan it well i think there is definately a niche
> > to be filled.
>
> Sorry, but Dia ain't cross-platform. Dia is GTK / GNOME only with some
> hook for Windows support (like using their WMF exporter to print to
> GDI).
>
> Hub

There is a unix/linux version and there is a windows port. Does that
not count as "cross platform"? If there is a more correct way to say
this then please tell me so i can be more clear in future.
I realise they both use the gtk/gnome platform, unlike Abiword which is
neither OS nor platform dependant.

Sincerely
Alan

--