Re: Volenteers wanted for 0.99.2

Subject: Re: Volenteers wanted for 0.99.2
From: Dom Lachowicz (doml@appligent.com)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 08:41:45 CST

On Tue, 2002-02-05 at 09:12, Tomas Frydrych wrote:
> Martin,
>
> I do not think we are at all ready for 0.99.2 yet. There are too many
> serious bugs to be still tackled, and the threaded loader introduced
> new problems, that still need to be sorted out (someone still needs
> to implement and debug the Windows code; I would look into it, but
> will not have much for the rest of this week).

I also agree with your assessment (we are not quite ready for 0.99.2
yet). However, I point out that though the threaded loaded introduced
new problems that need to be sorted out, the Windows code isn't a top
priority of mine. Mike Pritchett is working on it now, though, and
hopefully he might have something for us in the near future.

If this code is left unimplemented, the Windows version will work
exactly the same as it has in the past, and while that may be
less-than-ideal, it is at least no worse than the old behavior, which
many have become accustomed to. This isn't to say that we should never
finish this work on Windows, just that IMO we don't need to hold up a
release because the Windows port works the same as the last one did.

Dom