Re: Splash screen and Abi the Ant

From: Michael D. Pritchett (mpritchett@attglobal.net)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 22:17:39 GMT

    On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Phil Jones wrote:

    > Hello all
    >
    > How about having a choice of whether Abi the Ant appears in Abiword? If yes, then the character is shown; if not, the current 'plain' look is employed.
    >
    > <opinion>
    > I think Abi the Ant is a marketing masterstroke. He is brilliant. He adds style, personality and charm. I could envisage Abi the Ant cuddly toys, even. Not only is he as endearing as the Tux penguin, he also has a great point about the power of people working together. Fantastic.
    > </opinion>
    >
    > Has a choice of splash screen etc already been implemented?
    >
    > Phil

    Phil -

    If you are suggesting the "Official" release use the Ant mascot for slpash
    instead of what we are using - that's up to the populace at large and the
    maintainer. I have no personal preferences.

    For personal builds, it is as simple as exchanging the abi
    abi/src/wp/ap/xp/splash.png with what you want as a splash scrren and
    building.

    Cheers!

    Michael D. Pritchett