Re: libpsiconv.so.5 not installing

Subject: Re: libpsiconv.so.5 not installing
From: Jonathan (j.e.drews@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Jan 02 2002 - 18:36:29 CST

Thank you Hubert:

> Jonathan écrit:
>
> > I do indeed have the psiconv library here. What am I doing wrong? TIA
>
> Look like libpsiconv is not build because it gets detected by autoconf, but
> is not available in you library path. (configure tells you which psiconv it
> picks up).
I will look in there. I had been looking in config.log

 I manually copied my libpsiconv* libraries to /usr/local/lib like so:
planck@linux:~> whereis libpsiconv
libpsiconv: /usr/local/lib/libpsiconv.la /usr/local/lib/libpsiconv.so
/usr/local/lib/libpsiconv.a

I then set my path with:
export PATH=/usr/local:$PATH

Should I remove all that stuff and restart over?

> What distribution do you use ?

 I am susing SuSE 7.3 professional; I have (I believe) all my devel libraries
installed.

Did you perform a ldconfig after installing
> psiconv packages?

 No I did not.

Thanks so much Hubert; the reason I am trying to compile CVS is so that I can
verify bugs.

You know if I just use the released Abiword-0.9.6.1 and use
 make UNIX_CAN_BUILD_STATIC=0 install (as root)
then abiword compiles and runs without a hitch. So I am curious as to why the
CVS is so hard to get working right.
I also had confirmation from another Abiword user that hs could not get the
dictionaries to install withe the cvs. I moved the *hash files to there
proper location.

I am using autoconf-2.13-349, make-3.79.1-166 and automake-1.4_p5-44. To
compile I use gcc-2.95.3-124. Thanks for the help.

--
						Cheers,

Jonathan