Re: libpsiconv.so.5 not installing

Subject: Re: libpsiconv.so.5 not installing
From: Hubert Figuiere (hfiguiere@teaser.fr)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 04:01:02 CST

According to Jonathan <j.e.drews@worldnet.att.net>:

> I manually copied my libpsiconv* libraries to /usr/local/lib like so:
> planck@linux:~> whereis libpsiconv
> libpsiconv: /usr/local/lib/libpsiconv.la /usr/local/lib/libpsiconv.so
> /usr/local/lib/libpsiconv.a
>
> I then set my path with:
> export PATH=/usr/local:$PATH

That'll not work. PATH is for binaries search only and each component of the
variable content should be /usr/local/bin (or something similar)

> Should I remove all that stuff and restart over?

perform a ldconfig since you copied manually, but you shouldn't have done
that in the first place.
The standard procedure is to let the makefiles do all their stuff. On Linux,
there is no need to install anything.

Hub