Re: PATCH request: edit headers

Subject: Re: PATCH request: edit headers
From: Rui Miguel Seabra (rms@multicert.com)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 13:53:34 CST

Hi, interesting idea. I add to it the following:

On Thu, 2002-01-03 at 08:53, Martin Sevior wrote:
> This is too much work for 1.0. Maybe it could be revisted post 1.0. Here
> is my suggestion.
> We leave all the header/footer controls active during normal mode
> editting. However when a user tries to edit a header/footer while in
> normal mode, we pop a message box that says:

"

You must be in Print Layout mode to create and edit Headers or Footers. To
enter Print View mode, you may select 'Print Layout' from the 'View' menu.

           Do you want to change to Print Layout now?

                 [ Yes ] [[ No, thanks ]]

"

This way you explain what must be done, and still offer the user the
choice to do change view "right now" (or not, by default, so that
nothing changes if the user clicks enter too fast).

> This shows the user that editting headers/footers is possible and
> how to do it without making the choice for her. The user has to decide to
> enter Print View Mode themselves.
>
> Nothing is done behind her back.

I think that this two premisses are maintained and the two buttons
should improve user experience.

Hugs, rms

+ So let's do it...?