Upgrading the galician translation

Subject: Upgrading the galician translation
From: Ramón Flores (fa2ramon@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jan 05 2002 - 07:12:38 CST

Hi:

I have upgraded the galician translation. I have to
translate all the messages and menus, but I was not
able to do it. I would like to make a complete
translation, so I would thanks your help. I attach the
translated files.

In order to make the translation I have made the
following steps:

 1st. I run the script update: "./update.pl --pot" to

      obtain the abiword.pot file.
 2nd. I upgraded the gl-ES.po using "msgmerge".
 3rd. I completed the gl-ES.po by hand.
 4th. I run the script "ui-backport.pl" to obtain a
      new "gl-ES.strings".
 5th. I modify "ap_TB_LabelSet_gl-ES.h" by hand.
 6th. I compiled abiword.

In this way I obtained most of the strings and menu
translated, but some of them are not. So, the results
of running the script "dumpstrings.pl" say that the
translation is 83% Complete. What have I to do in
order to translate the others strings?

I think it would be a good idea to give clearer
instructions on how to translate the strings; what
files are necessary to translate, and what tools exist
to made the process easier (there are several perl
scripts but no documentation about them).

Anyway, thank you very much for your fine work.

Ramón

Yahoo! GeoCities
Tenha seu lugar na Web. Construa hoje mesmo sua home page no Yahoo! GeoCities. É fácil e grátis!
http://br.geocities.yahoo.com/