Re: Upgrading the galician translation

Subject: Re: Upgrading the galician translation
From: Rui Miguel Seabra (rms@multicert.com)
Date: Sun Jan 06 2002 - 02:07:24 CST

Hi Ramon,

 You can best get the strings you need to translate (for dialogs and
menus) by executing dumpstrings.pt es-GL > strings.html

1) yes, shouldn't galician locale be es_GL instead of gl_ES?
   because there's pt_PT and pt_BR, so likewise, there is es_ES and I'd
say es_GL, es_MX, etc, right? [ little political humurous side note: or,
if you'd rater, pt_GL ;) ]
   isn't the format: language_DIALECT ?

2) executing that command will generate an html file with en_US and
current es_GL (if there's any es-GL.strings file at all) which will show
you what's translated and what's not, and the "original" en_US version.
   You can provide a list of locale's:
     dumpstrings.pl pt-PT es-GL es-ES > strings.html will give you those
three (besides en_US).

This will help you, I hope.

Read the file with a graphical browser until you understand the content,
then I suggest using lynx to browse, since it makes easier to search and
copy all the string id's you have to add.

Hugs, rms

+ So let's do it...?