Re: Upgrading the galician translation

Subject: Re: Upgrading the galician translation
From: Karl Ove Hufthammer (huftis@bigfoot.com)
Date: Sat Jan 05 2002 - 16:47:36 CST

Ramón Flores <fa2ramon@yahoo.com> wrote in
news:20020105131238.80361.qmail@web13707.mail.yahoo.com:

> In this way I obtained most of the strings and menu
> translated, but some of them are not. So, the results
> of running the script "dumpstrings.pl" say that the
> translation is 83% Complete.

This is a bug in the script used for generating the .po files.
Strings which appear several times in the original file
(e.g. 'Apply') only appear once in the .po file.

> What have I to do in
> order to translate the others strings?

What I usually do, is run 'dumpstrings.pl' (which *does* work
correctly) and see what strings are not translated, then
manually translate them in the .strings file. (But be aware
that they will be lost if you convert this to a .po file
later.)

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer