Re: Galician translation 100% upgraded?

Subject: Re: Galician translation 100% upgraded?
From: Ramón Flores (fa2ramon@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 10 2002 - 06:33:14 CST

> > Nevertheless there are some messages that are not
> > translated. For example one that appears when
> abiword
> > is launched:
> >
> > WARNING: Your current font path ...
> >
> > Is it possible to translate this?. How?

I have been investigating about this and have found
that this message is in the file:
xap_UnixFontManager.cpp
(abiword-0.9.6.1/abi/src/af/xap/unix/xap_UnixFontManager.cpp)

In this file there are several error and warning
messages that do not appear in the abiword.pot, and I
don't know how to translate them, i.e. in what file
and with what labels.

I have also made some test with four languages (fr-FR,
de-DE, pt-PT, es-ES) and I have found that none of
them have this messages translated.

For example some of this messages are:

"WARNING: AbiWord could not add its fonts to the X
font path.\n"
" See \"Unix Font Warning\" in the FAQ section of
AbiWord help."

"WARNING: Your current font path contains
non-directory entries.\n"
"AbiWord will not attempt to modify this path. You
should see \"Unix Font Warning\"\n"
"in the FAQ section of AbiWord help for further
information and instructions on how to\n"
"turn this warning off"

"WARNING: Font index file [%s]\ndeclares an invalid
number of fonts (%d)."

"File says %d fonts should follow...\n"

"Premature end of file from font index file [%s];\n"
"%d fonts were supposed to be declared, but I only got
%d.\n"
"I will continue, but things may not work
correctly.\n"

"Read %ld fonts from directory [%s].\n"

"AbiWord could not find any local font files in its
font path. Often this error is the\n"
"result of invoking AbiWord directly instead of
through its wrapper\n"
"shell script. The script sets the environment
variable $ABISUITE_HOME which\n"
"should point to the directory where AbiSuite
components reside.\n"
"\n"

"The current font path contains the following
directories:\n\n"

"AbiWord found no actual font data files ('*.pfa',
'*.afm') in\n"
"the font path even though I found [%d] font index
files ('fonts.dir').\n"
"\n"
"Please visit http://www.abisource.com/ for more
information."

I think that these messages should be translated in
version 1.0.

Cheers
        Ramón

Yahoo! GeoCities
Tenha seu lugar na Web. Construa hoje mesmo sua home page no Yahoo! GeoCities. É fácil e grátis!
http://br.geocities.yahoo.com/