Re: Problem With Abiword Translated Strings File

Subject: Re: Problem With Abiword Translated Strings File
From: Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 08:32:09 CST

 --- "Sanyaade@btinternet.com"
<sanyaade@btinternet.com> wrote: > Hi Everybody,

> I built Abiword and launch abiword debug version
> with the -dumpstrings
> command to generate
> the en-US.strings. I translated the this file to
> Yoruba language version and
> saved it as yo-NG.strings in
> abi\user\wp\strings directory as outline in Abiword
> localisation.abw
>
> I also modified the Abiword profile file as outline
> in order to have Abiword
> to load all need Yoruba files. I then rebuild
> Abiword but Abiword is not
> using the Yoruba strings file but revert back to the
> default en-US.strings
> file.
>
> Please is there anything I am doing wrong here?
> Is there any header to add the new yo-NG.strings
> file?

All I can suggest is that you make sure your environ-
ment variable LANG (etc) is set to yo_NG before you
run Abi. Unless you are on MSWindows in which case
you can't set the locale yourself. Please get your
hands on a debug build of AbiWord, test again, and
look at the debug output.

Hope this helps. Andrew Dunbar.

=====
http://linguaphile.sourceforge.net http://www.abisource.com