Re: BugZilla creates Bugs in the NEW state

From: Jesper Skov (jskov@zoftcorp.dk)
Date: Tue Jun 18 2002 - 17:45:13 EDT

    On Tue, 2002-06-18 at 23:22, Joaquin Cuenca Abela wrote:

    > --- Jesper Skov <jskov@zoftcorp.dk> wrote:
    > >
    > > confirmed. This value defaults to 0, causing created
    > > bugs to be
    > > auto-confirmed.
    > >
    > > I raised the value to 40.
    >
    > what? Is it a consiration to prevent new bugs?

    No, the intention is to see new Bugs created as UNCONFIRMED.

    > IMHO 0 or 1 would be enough. Why a number so high?

    Because users could then confirm their own Bugs by casting all their
    votes on them.

    However, having just tested it, it does not appear to make a difference.
    Looking at the way BugZilla 2.16rc2 handles Bug transitions, I think
    that's probably OK: we should probably ignore UNCONFIRMED in the future,
    and just use NEW as the new default state (what used to be SUBMITTED),
    and ASSIGNED as the new accept state (what used to be OPEN).

    Jesper

    Jesper