Re: BugZilla creates Bugs in the NEW state

From: Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jun 18 2002 - 23:04:39 EDT

     --- Jesper Skov <jskov@zoftcorp.dk> wrote: > On Tue,
    2002-06-18 at 23:22, Joaquin Cuenca Abela
    > wrote:
    > >
    > > --- Jesper Skov <jskov@zoftcorp.dk> wrote:
    > > >
    > > > confirmed. This value defaults to 0, causing
    > created
    > > > bugs to be
    > > > auto-confirmed.
    > > >
    > > > I raised the value to 40.
    > >
    > > what? Is it a consiration to prevent new bugs?
    >
    > No, the intention is to see new Bugs created as
    > UNCONFIRMED.
    >
    > > IMHO 0 or 1 would be enough. Why a number so
    > high?
    >
    > Because users could then confirm their own Bugs by
    > casting all their
    > votes on them.

    I seem to remember a discussion some months ago where
    we resolved to prevent people from voting on their
    own bugs anyway. What became of this?

    > However, having just tested it, it does not appear
    > to make a difference.
    > Looking at the way BugZilla 2.16rc2 handles Bug
    > transitions, I think
    > that's probably OK: we should probably ignore
    > UNCONFIRMED in the future,
    > and just use NEW as the new default state (what used
    > to be SUBMITTED),
    > and ASSIGNED as the new accept state (what used to
    > be OPEN).

    I would like something like this:
    User reports a bug -> UNCONFIRMED
    Developer reproduces it -> NEW
    Developer decides to fix -> ACCEPTED

    Possibly a shortcut for bugs discovered by a developer
    to go straight to NEW but that's not important.

    Andrew.

    =====
    http://linguaphile.sourceforge.net http://www.abisource.com