Re: RFC: future develpment/release strategy

From: Tomas Frydrych (tomas@frydrych.uklinux.net)
Date: Mon Jun 24 2002 - 07:01:37 EDT

    Hi Robert,

    > I think that in such a timeframe it is impossible to get pango
    > integrated and working on our main platforms.

    I agree, such a timeframe is not very realistic for using Panog, but it
    is perhaps worth pointing out that the Pango integration itself is not
    the real problem, AW Pango code is going to be 99% XP; the big
    problem is that nobody is looking into getting Pango and glib2
    available on any of our non-*nix platforms.

    > BTW: Pango HEAD is now also based on fontconfig and Xft2 while
    > pango 1.0.x is using Xft1.

    We are not using PangoXft, but PangoFt2, so the way PangoXft is
    currently developing is not of immediate concern to us; with the
    fontconfig issue we will deal when it makes into a stable release.

    Tomas