Re: Twiki stuff (Attn. RK)

From: Randy Kramer (rhkramer@fast.net)
Date: Sun Jun 30 2002 - 21:17:33 EDT

Mark Gilbert wrote:
> On Sun, 2002-06-30 at 08:37, Randy Kramer wrote:
> > The only twiki-specific equivalent I've thought of is recreating the
> > original page with a "Moved to <new wiki page>" note.
> Sounds good.

Done.

> > I was renaming other people's topics -- do all the topic under LinFaq
> > apply to all Unixes, or do only some? (Leading to do we need two
> > categories, like LinFaq and UnxFaq, or do we change them all to UnxFaq
> > (or do you have a better suggestion -- UnixFaq isn't too long).

> LinFaqAbiWordCouldNotLoadTimesNewRoman -- This should be for all
> unices. The title should reflect it, and so should the content.
> Currently the content doesn't even apply to most linux setups. I'll try
> to make it more worldly once I figure out this collaborative nonsense.

Renamed all of these (above and below) with UnixFaq in place of LinFaq.

Probably could have shortened the above to
"UnixFaqCouldNotLoadTimesNewRoman" but did not.

The collaborative nonsense isn't too tough to figure out -- have you
registered? If not, go to
http://www.abisource.com/twiki/bin/view/TWiki/TWikiRegistration to
register. You need a name, email address, and a home country, you need
to make up a wiki name and a password.

If you have questions, ask.

If we can get you more interested, add your name and email address to
http://www.abisource.com/twiki/bin/view/Abiword/WebNotify with a daily
email with a list of changed pages. (I'm assuming that feature is
working.)

> LinFaqInstallingRPMs -- This is very silly, and as soon as I figure out
> this collaborative nonsense it will disappear and its content be covered
> in a linux installation ... document (I'm sick of all the FAQs that
> aren't faqs d=).

Renamed to "UnixFaqInstallingRPMs"

> LinFaqTrueTypeFontsOnLinux -- This applies to unix in general, and
> should be changed accordingly.

Renamed to "UnixFaqTrueTypeFonts"

> LinFaqUnixFontWarning -- Look at the name! of course it is for unix in
> general. *g*

Renamed to "UnixFaqFontWarning".

Randy Kramer