Re: GNU license

From: Andrzej Pruszynski (abi@rth.coi.waw.pl)
Date: Sun Mar 17 2002 - 03:05:32 GMT

    On Sun 17. March 2002 02:51, Masayuki Hatta wrote:
    > > 2. GNU GPL is a beautiful document. It's usefull and worthy to spread it
    > > in more languages.
    >
    > Yes, so FSF offers URLs to "unofficial" translations. But GPL is also
    > a strict legal document, there should be no room for misunderstanding.

    "There are two forms of truth. One must be nurtured by the flame of the
    stake. The other demands spreading without restraint. It is difficult to
    state which method is more painful to its author. Sometimes it is easier to
    anesthetize the action of the stake than to witness the distortion of the
    disseminated teaching. In either event, the daring that penetrates the
    darkness is blesssed." (quoted from The Living Ethics)

    But GNU GPL is in a better situation: we can write that English is a legal
    document, and translations are added for better understanding only.

    Regards,

    Andrzej Pruszynski