Organisation of Translation

From: Rhoslyn Prys (rhoslyn.prys@ntlworld.com)
Date: Sun Mar 17 2002 - 12:45:37 EST

    Could I check out with you some suggestions about the organisation of
    the translation of Abiword.

    1. As a translator with little programming skills or knowledge I'm
    having great difficulty in obtaining current copies of en-US .po files.
    I'm spending a lot of time trying to get cvs to work for me and then
    ./update. Arrrgh.... It would be a better use of my time to translate
    something else. ;-) Could a current .po file be generated whenever
    there were changes, so that:

    a. we would know when translation was needed
    b. I could readily get hold of a copy of the .po file.:-)

    see http://www.linux-mandrake.com/l10n/cy.php3 or www.opera.com for some
    idea of what has worked well for me in the past. I also get a copy of
    the relevant file e-mailed to me from ML when further translation is needed.

    2. Deadline for Abiword 1.0

    Any ideas on when the final version of 1.0 will be available to check
    translations against it ?

    Thanks
    Rhoslyn Prys