Re: GNU license

From: Andrzej Pruszynski (abi@rth.coi.waw.pl)
Date: Sun Mar 17 2002 - 17:57:06 EST

    My conclusion is:

    1. Change "i agree" button to "next"

    2. It would be BEAUTIFUL to add localized versions of GNU GPL for better
    understanding free software movement. But as I understand I am the only vote
    for doing this. In my opinion there is enough to add 3 sentences:

    "Note! This is an unofficial translation of the GNU General Public License
    into xxxxx. It was not published by the Free Software Foundation, and does
    not legally state the distribution terms for software that uses the GNU
    GPL--only the original English text of the GNU GPL does that. However, we
    hope that this translation will help xxxxx speakers understand the GNU GPL
    better."

    3. Thank you very much for a discussion. Now I have a better understanding of
    the GNU GPL license.

    4. Anyway, I have two hands and there are two votes for including localized
    versions of GNU GPL. Today there are only 21 files. Hard disks are cheap
    now... Come on... ;-)

    Andrzej Pruszynski

    PS. I put this problem as a bug...