Importing text as paragraphs.

From: Philippe DEFERT (philippe.defert@cern.ch)
Date: Tue Mar 19 2002 - 09:12:06 EST

    When you open a text file in abiword, it always takes it line by line,
    i.e. it adds an end of line at each LF. When you write a text in emacs
    there is an automatic wrapping to 72 columns and this inserts a LF. I
    saw in lyx a very nice feature when you import a text file, you can
    choose to get it line by line i.e each LF is an EOL or you can do the
    same paragraph by paragraph i.e. each 2 lines separated by 1 LF are
    joined, as soon that you have a blank line which is equivalent to 2
    consecutive LF, a EOL is added to make a "paragraph". This is called in
    the lyx jargon "import text as lines" or "import text as paragraphs"

    Is there the same feature in abiword ? If so, where can I find it, if it
    does not exist I think it could be simple to implement though very very
    useful in UNIX. I am not enough into abiword's code to do it myself...

    Amicalement.
    Philippe.