Re: [AbiCalc] Spreadsheet proposal

From: Alan Horkan (horkana@tcd.ie)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 11:14:08 EST

    On Mon, 25 Mar 2002, Petr Tomasek wrote:

    > On Sun, Mar 24, 2002 at 08:35:48PM +0000, Alan Horkan wrote:
    > > Does Gnumeric even have a Gtk only version? As far as I know Gnome is
    > > more likely to run on windows before Gnumeric is.
    > >
    > > So telling me to use something else instead is insulting my intelligence,
    > > telling me to use a program so firmly rooted in Gnome is frankly annoying.
    >
    > What is bad about gnome? If it will be xp (and I hope it will soon or later)..

    I like Gnome, i use Gnome on Linux and FreeBSD
    but i also use Windows98 and i dont consider installing an xserver and the
    whole Gnome desktop appropriate or even easy just for one or two
    applications.

    I thought i made it perfectly clear in my previous email that i had a
    variety of reasons for doing this.
    I am aware there are lots of workarounds, many different programs, many
    different ways of running/accesing linux programs from windows but that is
    not my point.

    gotta go
    i am on <56k dialup, the local telecom monopoly sucks rocks and would
    rather bleed its ISDN customers than roll out ADSL.
    http://eircom.net