Re: [AbiCalc] Spreadsheet proposal

From: Petr Tomasek (tomasek@etf.cuni.cz)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 14:14:33 EST

    On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 04:14:08PM +0000, Alan Horkan wrote:

    > I like Gnome, i use Gnome on Linux and FreeBSD
    > but i also use Windows98 and i dont consider installing an xserver and the
    > whole Gnome desktop appropriate or even easy just for one or two
    > applications.

    Why to use xserver? Since we now have gtk-2.0 more or less xp,
    it's just a question of time, when will the gnome-lib's, that
    are needed to build gnumeric be xp too. (Actually some of them
    are quite easy to port just now...)
    gnumeric could than be compiled both statically and dynamically, so this
    shouldn't be the problem either.

    > gotta go
    > i am on <56k dialup, the local telecom monopoly sucks rocks and would
    > rather bleed its ISDN customers than roll out ADSL.
    > http://eircom.net

    And therefore you need AbiCalc?

    (Anyway, I'm not opposing you do it, It just seems to, that there are
    other things - like tables and footnotes in Abiword, etc. - that are
    much more important, at least for now.)

    --
    Petr Tomasek, http://www.etf.cuni.cz/~tomasek/