Re: [AbiCalc] Spreadsheet proposal

From: Alan Horkan (horkana@tcd.ie)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 15:35:41 EST

    You should re-read my earlier messages.

    On Mon, 25 Mar 2002, Petr Tomasek wrote:

    > On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 04:14:08PM +0000, Alan Horkan wrote:
    > >
    > > I like Gnome, i use Gnome on Linux and FreeBSD
    > > but i also use Windows98 and i dont consider installing an xserver and the
    > > whole Gnome desktop appropriate or even easy just for one or two
    > > applications.
    >
    > Why to use xserver? Since we now have gtk-2.0 more or less xp,

    i was under the impression that gtk-2.0 was not going to be available on
    windows for quite a while.
    If fat binaries of gnumeric are available for windows soon i would
    consider using it instead of open office. (do they want a Nullsoft
    instaler for it?)

    Thanks for the information.

    > > gotta go
    > > i am on <56k dialup, the local telecom monopoly sucks rocks and would
    > > rather bleed its ISDN customers than roll out ADSL.
    > > http://eircom.net
    >
    > And therefore you need AbiCalc?

    Are you trying to be difficult! That is irrelavant, i have access to
    another faster connection and other ways of getting software.

    Like i said before why not. Im willing to sponsor open source
    development, give me a break.

    > (Anyway, I'm not opposing you do it, It just seems to, that there are
    > other things - like tables and footnotes in Abiword, etc. - that are
    > much more important, at least for now.)

    Yeah but no one offered to pay for them yet. This whole project is based
    on volunteer developers that choose what intersts them. i was just trying
    to find out if there was a developer that shared my interst and would do a
    make a start on the idea.