DOC or RTF?

From: sang (sang@osiasoft.com)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 01:29:45 EST

    Hi,everybudy.

    I am a newbie for AbiWord-dev list. Now I have be confused with AbiWord.
    I just want type some text and save it as Microsoft Word Doc file.
    I built an abiword windows edition. By debug version, It will show me it
    save it as doc format.
    but I found in fact it saved it as DOT(template) format. Microsoft Word
    cannot view this dot file.
    By release version, I found Abiword saved it named it an extend file
    name with doc but as RTF format.
    Although word can view it, but it's not I am looking for.
    Anybody can tell me why?
    thanks tons.

    Sang