Re: DOC or RTF?

From: F J Franklin (F.J.Franklin@sheffield.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 03:07:09 EST

    On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, sang wrote:
    > I am a newbie for AbiWord-dev list. Now I have be confused with AbiWord.
    > I just want type some text and save it as Microsoft Word Doc file.

    AbiWord's support for writing MSWord .doc is highly experimental and is
    available only in DEBUG builds. In non-DEBUG builds we offer the option of
    saving RTF with a .doc file extension since MSWord seems able to
    understand these and most people don't care about DOC/RTF so long as it
    looks like an MSWord .doc file...

    Frank

    Francis James Franklin
    F.J.Franklin@shef.ac.uk

      `Medium atomic weights are available: Gold, Lead, Copper, Jet, Diamond,
    Radium, Sapphire, Silver and Steel.
      `Sapphire and Steel have been assigned...'