Re: commit: abi (STABLE): more XHTML export work

From: David Chart (linux@dchart.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sat Nov 09 2002 - 09:33:07 EST

    On Fri, 2002-11-08 at 20:54, F J Franklin wrote:
    > The second
    > list implementation uses tables to do indentation and numbered lists are
    > labelled "by hand".

    I'm afraid I don't think that is a good idea, for two reasons.

    The first is that I think we should export lists as lists. XHTML is a
    structured language, not a pure layout language.

    The second is that it is bad practice to use tables for layout in XHTML.
    Most notably, it confuses reading browsers for the blind. It also makes
    for XHTML code that is difficult to maintain.

    Note that this implementation will not round-trip, because you will lose
    the list information, although the other implementation might.

    David

    --
    David Chart
    http://www.dchart.demon.co.uk/