Re: AbiWord Weekly News #117 (2002, week 45) released

From: Rui Miguel Seabra (rms@1407.org)
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 09:45:01 EST

    On Mon, 2002-11-11 at 14:26, ericzen wrote:
    > On 2002.11.11 03:37 Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
    > > http://smac.ucsd.edu/cgi-bin/http_webster?method=exact&isindex=proprietary
    >
    > Whether or not
    > "proprietary" is accurate has already spent years in debate (from gimp
    > and xdisplay/display LISP(image magick). Proprietary is the correct
    > term, despite the Jargon file's (or your own) connotative definition.

    Not "mine", at least, but Jargon File is only the third of 4 (or fourth
    of 5 counting webster as double, due to different versions) of the
    listed definitions in the url I supplied.

    However, using 'own', which is a similar word (according to Webster's
    entries), you say the same thing without the secondary prejudicial
    meanings of proprietary.

    Hugs, Rui

    + So let's do it...?