Commit: mail merge

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 18 2002 - 21:48:00 EST

    Yup, this is one of the things that everyone's been
    waiting for. Right now, we're admittedly a little
    simple insofar as what we take as inputs. I'd like to
    work on CSV and a libgda input source in addition to
    our current XML file. But it works. The UI for
    creating fields should be made easier too. That's
    future stuff.

    To create a mail-merge capable document,
    Insert->Field->Application->Mail Merge. In the "extra
    parameters" box, type the name of your field, like
    "who", "what", etc... Field gets inserted in the
    document.

    Tools->Mail Merge->Select file. All done.

    More work is needed. But that'll come.

    http://www.abisource.com/~dom/mailmerge/mailmerge_before.jpg
    http://www.abisource.com/~dom/mailmerge/mailmerge_after.jpg
    http://www.abisource.com/~dom/mailmerge/mailmerge.xml
    http://www.abisource.com/~dom/mailmerge/mailmerge.abw

    Enjoy.
    Dom

    CVS:
    CVS: Enter Log. Lines beginning with `CVS:' are
    removed automatically
    CVS:
    CVS: Committing in .
    CVS:
    CVS: Modified Files:
    CVS: src/text/fmt/xp/fl_BlockLayout.cpp
    src/text/fmt/xp/fp_Fields.h
    CVS: src/text/fmt/xp/fp_Run.cpp
    src/text/fmt/xp/fp_Run.h
    CVS: src/text/ptbl/xp/fd_Field.h
    src/text/ptbl/xp/pd_Document.cpp
    CVS: src/text/ptbl/xp/pd_Document.h
    CVS: src/text/ptbl/xp/pf_Frag_Object.cpp
    CVS: src/wp/ap/xp/ap_EditMethods.cpp
    CVS: src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Menu_ActionSet.cpp
    CVS: src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Menu_Id_List.h
    CVS: src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Menu_Layouts_MainMenu.h
    CVS: src/wp/ap/xp/ap_String_Id.h
    CVS: