Re: Hebrew in AbiWord

From: Tomas Frydrych (tomas@frydrych.uklinux.net)
Date: Tue Sep 10 2002 - 12:45:52 EDT

    Hi Omer,

    > I installed Win32 AbiWord 1.0.2 in my Windows 2000 installation, and
    > in short time I found that while I can use it to write a letter in
    > Hebrew, there are some bugs (one of them I reported to AbiWord
    > BugZilla).
    >
    > It also seems that someone needs to build Hebrew localization
    > configuration (strings, definitions).
    >
    > I am willing to invest some time on this, but before doing this, I'd
    > like to know if anyone is already working on this, so that there'll be
    > no duplication of effort.

    Work on the localisation is of course appreciated, but if you would
    like to / could contribute to fixing and developing the bidi code, it
    would be even more welcome as so far this has been largely one
    man effort and the present state of things corresponds to it. We
    desperately need a native-bidi-user-developer to make it just work.

    Tomas