Re: commit: Joaquin's wonderful insert Table widget.

From: Dom Lachowicz (doml@appligent.com)
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 10:48:16 EDT

    On Tuesday, September 24, 2002, at 10:33 AM, Alan Horkan wrote:

    >> Joaquin's wonderful insert Table widget.
    >>
    >> Thanks also to Dom for help getting this in. This is so nice I've
    >> included it twice. It's also on the "Extras" toolbar.
    >
    > It is really nice,
    > brilliant invention.
    >
    > but including it twice seems like a bad idea (usability stuff about
    > duplication being confusing)

    Agreed.

    > i was hoping that there would be more smaller toolbars in future and
    > that
    > that there would be enough items (as little as 2 or 3) for a table
    > toolbar.
    >
    > Lost of smaller toolbars help solve layout and usability issues ... too
    > lazy to type further explanation

    Lots of smaller toolbars improve layout and usability issues if the
    smaller toolbars are easily joinable/mergable (i.e. the ability to
    merge smaller 3-item toolbars into one larger toolbar). GTK+ toolbars
    can't do that out of the box. Gnome could, but the results could be...
    uhm... disastrous from an aesthetic viewpoint (download a gnome build
    of 0.7.10 or 0.7.11 and you'll see what I mean).

    Dom