Re: Commit: 1427

From: Alan Horkan (horkana@maths.tcd.ie)
Date: Wed Apr 09 2003 - 11:16:42 EDT

    On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, Dom Lachowicz wrote:

    > Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 05:18:43 -0700 (PDT)
    > From: Dom Lachowicz <domlachowicz@yahoo.com>
    > To: abiword-dev@abisource.com
    > Subject: Re: Commit: 1427
    >
    > > Is this a common feature in word processors today?
    > > If so I'm going to be soooo embarrased.
    >
    > To the best of my knowledge, this feature is an
    > abiword innovation. We're the only one on the planet
    > with it, AFAIK.

    The way LyX works is similar, they call it "what you see is what you mean"
    (wysiwym). From my limited use of Lyx, it pretty much assumes it knows
    best and does its best to enforce consistant styles.

    I did not enjoy using LyX (i know enough LaTeX to get what I need done),
    and did not use it for very long, 'your mileage may vary'.

    http://www.lyx.org/

    - Alan