Re: Abiword as test of Wine

From: Dan Kegel (dank@kegel.com)
Date: Wed Apr 23 2003 - 13:15:08 EDT

    Michael D. Crawford wrote:
    > Hub asked,
    >
    >> why not using the Linux version ?
    >

    > By testing Wine with Open Source windows applications, it makes it
    > easier to find problems with Wine whose fixes would make all Windows
    > applications work better under Linux.

    Exactly. And if I weren't so lame, I'd go look in
    the AbiWord sources to pull out the code that does
    the rendering, and make myself a minimal test case.

    Wine is getting *really close* to being able to run
    most Windows programs. Its failure on Abiword is
    a glaring exception. It really looks like there's
    some simple problem in Wine here -- simple to someone
    familiar with the code, anyway.
    - Dan

    --
    Dan Kegel