Re: For mingw developers ...[Fwd: Win32 GNOME 2 Patches]

From: Jody Goldberg (jody@gnome.org)
Date: Tue Apr 29 2003 - 10:21:25 EDT

    On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 12:04:35AM +1000, msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au wrote:
    > To our mingw developers,
    > I saw this email on a gnome mailing lista little while ago.
    > I was wondering if any of you intrepid hackers could take up the challenge
    > to build Gunmeric (a really good Spreadsheet based on Gnome technologies)
    > on Windows.
    >
    > There are also projects that enable GTK2 based programs to look like
    > native Windows XP applications.
    >
    > If we can get Gnumeric compiled on Windows we a huge step closer to having
    > an Office Suite on Windows.

    Heck Gnumeric doesn't actually need even the entire gnome stack.
    I've been ripping out depends at the libgnome and libbonobo level
    for a while now. The key element missing is a build system for
    win32 and someone willing to kick things around and whine when it
    won't compile. There are probably a few lingering remnants, but
    nothing insurmountable.