Re: For mingw developers ...[Fwd: Win32 GNOME 2 Patches]

From: Sinitsyn Valentine (Valentine.Sinitsyn@usu.ru)
Date: Tue Apr 29 2003 - 14:47:12 EDT

    Hi,
    mpuea> To our mingw developers,
    mpuea> I saw this email on a gnome mailing lista little while ago.
    mpuea> I was wondering if any of you intrepid hackers could take up the challenge
    mpuea> to build Gunmeric (a really good Spreadsheet based on Gnome technologies)
    mpuea> on Windows.

    mpuea> There are also projects that enable GTK2 based programs to look like
    mpuea> native Windows XP applications.

    mpuea> If we can get Gnumeric compiled on Windows we a huge step closer to having
    mpuea> an Office Suite on Windows.

    mpuea> Cheers :-)
    As far as I know, Gnumeric uses GTK as window system. GTK has port to
    windows, so plain compiling it on MinGW shouldn't be too difficult
    (but rather laborious ;-), IMHO. If one need to re-implement
    everything using native controls (as AbiWord does) it's titanic job.

    Regards,
    Valentine