Re: gtk+ input method with Bengali

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 11 2003 - 20:39:13 EST

    Hi Tavis,

    > That would do it. :) Is AbiWord purposefully
    > avoiding Pango? Is it so
    > that it renders the same way across platforms? Or
    > is Pango support
    > planned?

    At some point in the future we'll probably use Pango.
    Right now, Pango has too many overlapping and missing
    features with respect to Abi. It's not going to be
    easy to integrate Pango into our architecture, though
    work on it has started.

    In the meantime, you can try to translate Abi into
    Bengali, that way the UI will at least look ok.