Re: Entering Japanese Text

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 08 2003 - 13:10:49 EST

    > What do I have to do to supply *useful* information
    > to the hackers?

    XIM was not enabled at all in HEAD until just 5
    minutes ago, so anything you would've done was futile.
    Testing out after my most recent commit and letting me
    know some measure of success or failure will help us
    get this working properly. I only know Western
    European languages, so this is hard for me to get
    working properly (as I can't really test it out).
    Hashao has been a great help, and when he wakes up in
    8 hours or so, hopefully he'll tell me if Chinese
    input works or not, and if it doesn't, perhaps he'll
    have a patch waiting for me on IRC or my inbox :)

    Also, a few Hebrew/Arabic/Yiddish speakers have since
    contacted me saying that they're going to try this
    out. Hopefully between the lot of you, I'll have some
    information I'll be able to work with, or maybe even
    some patches.