Re: INS

From: Tomas Frydrych (tomas@frydrych.uklinux.net)
Date: Mon Jan 20 2003 - 04:55:53 EST

    Many times I have hit INS by accident together with the Backspace
    key, and when at the end of a document this is rather hard to spot.
    The INS indicator is only of limited value, because it requires that I
    _consciously_ check which mode I am in (when I type I pay most of
    my attention to either the text I am typing from or the text in the main
    window; I suspect most of us who touch type are in the same boat).

    What I was going to suggest even before this thread started was to
    use the same trick Emacs does and change the colour of the caret
    in the OVER mode to a bright colour (bright red?). This would be
    simple to implement, clearly noticeable, and unobtrusive.

    Tomas