Re: Re[2]: INS

From: Peter Lundqvist (peterl@update.uu.se)
Date: Mon Jan 20 2003 - 05:35:12 EST

    On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Omer Zak wrote:
    > Would it be possible to add an option to Preferences, which will allow the
    > user to select between the standard behavior (INS/OVR or INS in green/OVR
    > in red or whatever not intrusive) and an intrusive behavior (defined here
    > as a behavior which requires an extra mouse click)?

    How about something like this?

     +----------------------------------+
     | You pressed the insert key (!) |
     | Doing so you will write your |
     | over any text ahead of the |
     | cursor |
     | |
     | Is this what you intended? |
     | o Never show this dialog again |
     | ._____. .____. |
     | | Yes | | No | |
     | `ŻŻŻŻŻ` `ŻŻŻŻ` |

    Peter Lundqvist /'\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
    Studentv. 32:22B \ / No HTML/RTF in email
    752 34 Uppsala × No Word docs in email
    Sweden / \ Respect for open standards
    phone +46 (0)70 45 66 347

    --

    George Bernard Shaw once sent two tickets to the opening night of one of his plays to Winston Churchill with the following note: "Bring a friend, if you have one."

    Churchill wrote back, returning the two tickets and excused himself as he had a previous engagement. He also attached the following: "Please send me two tickets for the next night, if there is one."