Fwd: Re: Re[2]: INS

From: Hubert Figuiere (hub@nyorp.abisource.com)
Date: Wed Jan 22 2003 - 06:05:44 EST

    ----- Forwarded message from owner-abiword-dev@abisource.com -----

    Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 16:11:20 +0000 (GMT)
    From: Alan Horkan <horkana@maths.tcd.ie>
    To: Peter Lundqvist <peterl@update.uu.se>
    Cc: AbiWord Developers <abiword-dev@abisource.com>
    Subject: Re: Re[2]: INS

    That is almost exactly what i suggested in the previously mentioned bug
    report.

    Apparently the latest versions of ms office have a non blocking warning
    message that will go away after a given time if you ignore it.

    Alan Horkan
    http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/

    On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Peter Lundqvist wrote:

    > Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 11:35:12 +0100 (CET)
    > From: Peter Lundqvist <peterl@update.uu.se>
    > To: Omer Zak <omerz@actcom.co.il>
    > Cc: AbiWord Developers <abiword-dev@abisource.com>
    > Subject: Re: Re[2]: INS
    >
    > On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Omer Zak wrote:
    > > Would it be possible to add an option to Preferences, which will allow =
    the
    > > user to select between the standard behavior (INS/OVR or INS in green/O=
    VR
    > > in red or whatever not intrusive) and an intrusive behavior (defined he=
    re
    > > as a behavior which requires an extra mouse click)?
    >
    > How about something like this?
    >
    > +----------------------------------+
    > | You pressed the insert key (!) |
    > | Doing so you will write your |
    > | over any text ahead of the |
    > | cursor |
    > | |
    > | Is this what you intended? |
    > | o Never show this dialog again |
    > | ._____. .____. |
    > | | Yes | | No | |
    > | `=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF` `=AF=AF=AF=AF` |

    =2E.
    > Peter Lundqvist /'\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
    > Studentv. 32:22B \ / No HTML/RTF in email
    > 752 34 Uppsala =D7 No Word docs in email
    > Sweden / \ Respect for open standar=
    ds

    ----- End forwarded message -----