Re: commit: Layout horizontally with screen units.

From: Patrick Lam (plam@plam.lcs.mit.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 23 2003 - 17:25:41 EST

    On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 09:01:15AM +1100, Martin Sevior wrote:
    > Layout horizontally with screen units. This fixes Justification issues.
    >
    > We definately need to use screen units to layout text horizontally. I see
    > now why we really need Tomas's single units system. Since the width of a
    > text string varies with font size in a way that is not directly
    > proportional to size size.

    I don't think this is the correct solution, because it makes printing
    have different linebreaks than screen. We need to do the layout with
    layout units on layout fonts. But this breaks things. I think that the
    solution is to split runs when the divergence of the layout font width
    and the screen font width is too much. I'll try to look into this on
    the weekend.

    pat